Age-Friendly LTSS ECHO
The Age-Friendly Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) ECHO ModelTM (formerly the Learning Community Series) builds on the prior UGEC Learning Community, connecting community providers in collaborative learning with specialists through live video conferencing via Zoom. The ECHO model includes case-based learning and mentorship to help interprofessional teams gain the expertise required to provide needed care and/or services. Sessions will begin with introductions, followed by a 15-20 minute didactic, 1 or 2 case presentation(s) and a discussion. If you would like to present a case, please download the case form HERE.
Please register in advance for the series through this link: https://utah.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEvc-GsrjwuHdPZyXyZ3dUPxhmGy7j3b8lr . After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. For help with Zoom videoconferencing click HERE.
The UGEC Age-Friendly LTSS ECHO series offers 1.25 CME credits per session. Attendees interested in CME credtis:
- Must have a CME account,.
- If you don’t have an account, you can create one using this link: https://medicine.utah.edu/cme/
- Click “complete your CME profile” using your name, professional designation, CELL phone number, and email address.
- If affiliated with the University of Utah, the password should be your UNID without the “U.”
- If not affiliated with the University of Utah, then use your cell phone number without dashes as your password.
- The day of each ECHO session, call 801-478-5852 and give that day’s code (on the flier) by midnight using your cell phone number.
Additional information on how to claim credit can be found HERE.
Below are the past ECHO recordings:
9/16/21: A Prescription for Proscription: Effective and Efficient Strategies to Deprescribe
- Download Slides: A Prescription for Proscription: Effective and Efficient Strategies to Deprescribe by Nicholas Cox, PharmD, BCACP
- Download Slides: Medications & Polypharmacy - How Do I QAPI That? by Sabine von Preyss-Friedman, MD, FACP, CMD
- Download Slides: The Nurse's Role in Transitional Care: Uncovering the Hidden Issues with Older Persons by Brenda Luther, PhD, RN
- Download Slides: Tele-Visit Tutorial for Patients
- 20 Things to Know About Telehealth
- My Telehealth Checklist
- Download Slides: Life in Balance: Decreasing Fall Risk with Balance Training
- Balance Training - Static Activities
- Balance Training - Static and Dynamic Activities
- Tai Chi Fundamentals with Tricia Yu
- Download Slides: The LEAD Guide: Life-Planning in Early Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Download Document: The LEAD GUIDE
- Download Slides: Life in Balance: Assessing Fall Risk in Older Adults- Presented by James Ballard, PT, DPT, GCS, WCS
- Download Slides:
- Dr. Morimoto's Article: Neuroplasticity-based computerized cognitive remediation for treatment-resistant geriatric depression
- Download Slides: Benefits of Creative Arts for Persons with Dementia and their Caregivers - Presented by Jackie Eaton, PhD
- Download Slides: Dementia Care Transitions: Dead Ends, Detours, Denial - Presented by Troy Andersen, PhD, MSW
- Download PDF: INTERACT Stop and Watch Tool
- Download PDF: PAINAD Tool
Below are the past Learning Community recordings:
- Download Slides: Long Term Services & Support & The 4M’s - Presented by Ellen Flaherty, PhD, APRN, AGSF
- Download Slides: ECHO orientation - Presented by Sandra DeBry, MBA
- Download Slides: Deprescribing Strategies and Tools - Presented by Nicholas Cox, PharmD, BCACP
- Infection Prevention Update for Long-Term Care Facility Partners - COVID-19 - Presented by Sarah Woolsey, Comagine Health
- Download Slides: Preventing Delirium in Older Adults - Presented by Miriam “Mimi” Beattie
- Download Slides: COVID-19 Briefing - Presented by Sarah Woolsey and Allie Spangler
- Download Slides: Pelvic Floor Training for Urinary Incontinence: Taming a Renegade Bladder With Brains and a Brawny Pelvic Floor - Presented by D. James Ballard, PT, DPT
- Download Slides: Frailty: Concepts and Applications for the Long-Term Care Resident - Presented by Kristin Hueftle, MD
- Download Slides: Care Options for Older Adults with Dementia - Presented by Nancy Madsen and Cheri Brunker
- Tip Sheet for Patient Caregivers
Presented by Katarina Felsted, PhD
Changes in PALTC
Presented by Benjamin Coulam, BSN, DNP Student